The deadlines of leading legal publications Legal 500 and Chambers Asia Pacific for Philippine corporate & commercial law firms are fast approaching. Read Stratisan’s quick guide on what lawyers need to know when preparing legal submissions for law firm rankings.
- Deadlines, Templates and Submission Portal: At the start of a legal publication’s research period, look for the basics: until when is the submission, which latest template to use and how to submit. All these are on the publication’s website. It is worth noting that in some instances deadlines change. Check the website regularly.
- Who’s who in the directory rankings: Know your competition. To give a glimpse of the top-ranking firms in a particular specialism, always have a copy of the current edition of the legal directory. Either through lawyers or internet research, have a quick check on what these leading firms have been advising on in the past 10-12 months.
- Legal directory submission project plan: Like other projects, there are small deadlines when preparing for these submissions. To help keep track of what needs to be done on a per week / day basis, having a project plan helps one stay on top of all deliverables.
- Key deals and referees: Deals and referees are what set a firm apart. As submissions have limits to the number of deals and referees, take time to evaluate the ones that best describe the firm in terms of growth, market recognition and contribution.
- Contact details of the editor and researcher: If unsure about anything in the research process, do not assume. The editorial team of these legal publications can be easily contacted for guidance.
Putting together legal submissions requires hours of coordination, management and strategy. Although a key component of firm reputation and business development, it takes away precious billable hours from fee earners. Having a legal directory expert to project manage not only helps streamline the process but is also a good strategy for law firms looking into building relationships and developing market recognition in the long-term.
For a confidential discussion on how Stratisan can help your firm manage legal directory submissions and other awards, please complete this form.